Racepoint Energy is growing. We’re looking for exceptional people to join our team.
- Director of Utility Strategy and Business Development
Racepoint Energy is looking for a motivated leader with strong utility industry experience who is passionate about aiding the transformation of the utility grid to embrace Distributed Energy Resources. Racepoint is focused on building long term partnerships with electric utilities to advance its platform across the sector.
The Director of Utility Strategy and Business Development is responsible for creating and executing on business objectives to promote Racepoint’s Distributed Energy Resource platform. Successful candidates will have a firm understanding of the electric utility landscape and experience engaging with electric utilities in North America.
- Initiate, build and manage strategic relationships with electric utilities
- Manage all aspects of market entry, from technology demonstrations to pilots to a business plan for full scale deployment.
- Develop business models in the context of different types of utilities that fit within the regulatory framework.
- Maintain and promote relationships with stakeholders, utilities, regulators, industry leaders.
- Advise the development team in creating and improving applicable solutions for the industry.
- Coordinate with internal teams to support growing Racepoint’s business opportunities with utility investments
- Represent Racepoint in key utility industry forums and stakeholder processes
What You Will Bring to Racepoint:
- Strong understanding and experience with the electric utility industry, including knowledge of investor-owned utility, municipal utilities, cooperatives and retail electricity providers structure and business model.
- Existing utility contacts and experience in managing utility accounts and/or selling to utilities in North America
- Understanding Distributed Energy Resources or related experience in clean energy, energy efficiency, storage and solar.
- Knowledge of utility customer programs, rate design, funding mechanisms and the regulatory framework.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in business development and/or client relations in the energy, electricity, technology sector or other related field.
- Track record of successfully managing strategic relationships with utilities
- Proven experience in communicating complex solutions to a specialized sector
- Understanding of electric market structures, including Regional Transmission Organizations, wholesale power contracts, and public policy mechanisms.
Position: RemoteApply Here
- Hardware engineer
- Linux Embedded Software Engineer
- Software Developer (React)
- Electrician / Project Manager
- System QA Engineer
- Systems Engineer: Energy
- Power Systems Engineer